Men’s Club Congregation Beth Ohr Fact Sheet
Membership is open to members of Congregation Beth Ohr. However, you do not need to be a member to attend our Sunday morning Minyan or any of our events. Some of our activities include:
- Bagel breakfast and more following Minyan every Sunday morning. Also occasional impromptu discussions with Rabbi Mishkin at breakfast, a One Minute Dvar Torah with announcements and magic tricks and gifts for kids under 13 that attend Sunday Minyan.
- Interesting, topical, educational and newsworthy programs following the Minyan. Sampling of some of our previous programs: Nagasaki atomic bomb survivor discussed her experiences as told in her book, Rutgers University professor discussed the significance of three Jews serving on the U.S. Supreme Court at same time, Presentations by our own historian, Syd Lustgarten on a broad range of topics: Life and times of Hank Greenberg on 100th birthday anniversary, The surprising life of Moe Berg—baseball player, spy and entrepreneur, Frank Sinatra’s Love Affair with Jews, History of Tin Pan Alley and contributions of Irving Berlin, “Ins and Outs” of Reverse Mortgages from a bank vice president, Hospital Chairman on Navigating Hospital Stays, Getting Your Affairs in Order, How Warren Buffett Did It, All Types of Medical Specialties Discussed by Physicians. Two Time U.S. Olympic Team Chiropractor Gave Insights into Olympics, Gift Book Sunday where everyone receives a free Jewish studies book and Torah laining and laying Tefillin instructions, and NY Times Front Page Sunday where everyone attending received the front page from their date of birth.
- Member of Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs and participation in their activities including World Wide Wrap, Presidents’ Dinner, and Man and Youth of the Year Dinners. We provide Yom Hashoah Yellow Candles to all congregants.
- Men’s Club provides services to the Synagogue for the High Holidays by raising the Sukkah, changing the Torah Covers and Ark Curtains, setting up the chairs, changing the prayer books, providing Ushers and Shofar blowing demonstration.
- Recurring annual programs include two Joint programs with Sisterhood, February financial program, May Barbeque and Election Meeting, May book club, December Gift Book Sunday, and Siyum fast for first born before Passover
For information, please call Ed Mendlowitz at 732-890-3344 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send an email to get on email list to receive program information and updates.